Become a Counselor at CBE’s After-School Program
Congregation Beth Elohim (CBE) is a vibrant, cutting-edge Reform synagogue in Park Slope, Brooklyn. We are a welcoming and inclusive community, rooted in Jewish history and identity, and profoundly open to diversity in all its forms. We come together to learn, to pray, to celebrate the rhythm of Jewish time, and to support each other through the joys and sorrows of our lives. We are a spiritual, cultural and intellectual center for Jewish revitalization, fostering community and extending our values of justice, education, and inspiration throughout the neighborhoods where we live and beyond.
We are seeking counselors for CBE Kids Club, CBE’s after-school program. Counselors are enthusiastic, caring, creative, and positive role models who support the well-being of students. Candidates should be compassionate, ready to bring a great attitude on a daily basis, and have some previous experience working with children. They must be 16 or older.
Counselors will walk students from various neighborhood schools to CBE daily. They will be responsible for snacks, assisting with homework, and supervising and nurturing our Kids Club environment. Counselors will also be tasked with chaperoning students from Kids Club to other enrichment programs happening simultaneously at CBE.
About the Position:
- Counselors began on September 12 at Congregation Beth Elohim, in Park Slope, with orientation in early September. We are still seeking counselors to start later.
- Location: 274 Garfield Place, Brooklyn, NY 11215. P:(718)768-3814 (ext: 238)
- Duration: September 12th, 2022–June 23rd, 2023
- Hours: 2:30–6:00 PM, Monday–Friday
- Flexible scheduling is available. You do not need to work every day.
- Salary: $16/hour
To apply, email a resume and three references to Jbarrett@cbebk.org.