CBE lifeguards are required to maintain constant surveillance of all CBE clients and staff in the pool area. Primary duties are to prevent injury and illness from happening, to act immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons, and to provide emergency care and treatment as required in the event of an emergency.
• 18 years of age or older
• Must possess valid American Red Cross Lifeguarding & CPR/PRO with AED or equivalent certifications.
• Must pass a background check
• Must act professionally at all times in accordance with CBE values.
• Effectively communicate skills that occur in a timely manner.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to energetically and enthusiastically embrace an environment of constant learning and growth.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of emergency.
• Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of EMS.
• Maintain a professional appearance (wearing the CBE uniform, rescue tube and first aid fanny pack) and attitude at all times.
• Remains on deck for the duration of each shift.
• Performs all duties in accordance with American Red Cross Lifeguarding standards.
• Enforces all CBE and required NYS Department of Health pool rules.
If interested, please email email@example.com.