Please note our buildings are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Rentals are not available at this time.
The Temple House
The Temple House building was completed in September of 1929 and quickly became the focus for all of CBE’s social, cultural, and educational programs. Not only were children educated in the Temple House classrooms, but adults presented original theatrical productions in the ballroom, receptions of all kinds were held in the social halls, youth groups met for informal education, and a varied program to enrich Jewish and community life was offered. In 1979, CBE’s Early Childhood Center was born and classes were held in the Temple House. The After School Center, and day camp programs followed, utilizing the Temple House facilities in new and innovative ways. The lower levels of the Temple House house the basketball court and swimming pool. Today, the Temple House is utilized seven days a week for a variety of CBE programs.
The Main Sanctuary
CBE’s Main Sanctuary building was constructed in 1909. It is the third home of the congregation and seats approximately 1,200 people. When it was built, it housed all of CBE’s programs and included classrooms, a middle auditorium room, administrative offices, and a room that served as both the rabbi’s study and meeting room.
The building continued to be a focus for CBE’s major religious activities until September 2009 when the congregation was forced to close down the Main Sanctuary during the High Holy Days due to unsafe conditions.
Between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur of 2009, the roof of CBE’s century-old sanctuary collapsed, spurring the launch of The Journey Home, a $3.25 million capital campaign to restore the historic structure. The Journey Home’s success continues.