Thursday: CBE group dinner
Friday: Celebrate and welcome Shabbat with 5,000 people
Saturday: Shabbat Morning Services and Study Sessions and official presentation of the Irving J. Fain Social Justice Award for our Dismantling Racism initiative
There are three hotel choices for the biennial, we have chosen the Westin Copely as our hotel, but it is not necessary for you to stay there. We know some people favor the Marriot or Sheraton. We will have plenty of time to be together.
Please help us reach our goal of 50 CBE members and add your name to the list:
Rabbi Jerry Weider
Rabbi Rachel Timoner
Cantor Josh Breitzer
Rabbi Marc Katz
What is the Biennial?
The URJ Biennial is the largest Jewish gathering in North America. The Biennial will bring together 5,000 Reform leaders, including lay leaders, professionals, clergy, and youth leaders representing 1.5 million North American Reform Jews. Together, we’ll learn, pray, share ideas, network, celebrate, and make decisions about the future of Reform Jewish life. We’ll return to CBE armed with new resources and ideas, as well as with the enthusiasm and know-how to put them to use to strengthen and enrich our spiritual home.
What happens at Biennial?
- Networking, learning, and sharing with other congregational leaders
- Important discussions and debates about today’s critical issues and the direction of Reform Judaism
- World-class Jewish music and entertainment
- Inspiring worship
- Amazing shopping in the Biennial Exhibit Hall
Strengthen Our Congregation Through…
- Programming tailored to us: sessions cover a wide range of topics, offering how-tos and hands-on learning for all facets of congregational life—from membership and outreach to leadership development, from social justice to social media, and everything in between.
- Build and deepen relationships: the shared experience of Biennial offers a rare opportunity to strengthen our bonds with each other as members of one temple family.
- A Jewish pick-me-up: we’ll return home spiritually refreshed, more deeply connected to our Reform Movement, and full of new and creative ideas to try at CBE
Represent our community and connect with fellow congregants!
Reserve Your Spot
You can find lots of information and register right now at urj.org/biennial. If we register by October 10, we’ll get the best pricing. The larger our delegation, the greater our benefits and discounts—so let’s save the dates now and start making our plans.