What Does it Mean to Become a Bat/Bar Mitzvah?
1. A Family Gathering: Installation of Rabbi Rebecca Epstein
Friday, March 1
5:00- Dinner, Temple House Ballroom
6:30- Installation Ceremony, Sanctuary
7:45- Champagne Toast & Dessert, Rotunda
We look forward to seeing you this Shabbat for a wonderful evening in celebration of Rabbi Epstein.
Please use the 8th Avenue entrance to the Temple House for the Installation Dinner.
2. 6 Points Creative Arts Virtual Parlor Meeting, March 5
We are very excited to share a special opportunity with you! 6 Points Creative Arts, the URJ’s newest summer experience for 3rd-11th graders. On Tuesday, March 5th at 7:30pm EST, the 6 Points Creative Arts team is holding a virtual parlor meeting for you to learn about the program, (air conditioned!) dorms, and community that your child could be part of this summer. To RSVP for the virtual parlor meeting, please use this link: https://urjyouth.wufoo.com/forms/ww5u3j110l7mjp/. If you have any questions please feel free to contact email@example.com
3. Mid-Year Check Ins
As a reminder, we are holding in person parent-teacher 15 minute check-ins the week of March 11th. Below are the links to sign up.
- Michal Alpern (3rd) – volunteersignup.org/FW3DF
- Anat Hochberg (3rd) volunteersignup.org/HM9DF
- Shay Arick & Michal Alpern (3rd Dual Language) – volunteersignup.org/TM7BB
- Inbal Lubin (3rd-4th grade Hebrew through Movement) – volunteersignup.org/LA8BX
- Sharone David (3rd-4th grade Hebrew through Movement) volunteersignup.org/FJAML
- Kate Friedman (Yachad Learning Specialist) – volunteersignup.org/8W9J9
- Lauren Roth (3rd) – volunteersignup.org/C8X9M
This week, we continued learning about what it means to be a Bar/Bat Mitzvah. On Saturday, March 9th, I am inviting the Monday/Wednesday class to join our Tuesday/Saturday class as we watch a B’nai Mitzvah. This will end our B’nai Mitzvah unit and be a wonderful opportunity for the third graders to see what a B’nai Mitzvah service looks like. We will have a section of the pews blocked off for third grade to sit in. I ask that everyone try to get there when services start, but if you arrive late, please join us at that time.
HTM with Inbal
HTM with Sharone
DL with Shay and Michal
This week, DL continued working in their smaller Hebrew groups divided by level.