Membership at CBE is a shared commitment to coming together to celebrate, to mourn, to worship, to sing and dance, to experience and understand new things, to care for each other, and to make change in the world. CBE membership connects us to a community that has a set of shared values, and reminds us how important it is to invest in something that is larger than one’s self and one’s family.
At CBE, we pride ourselves on being a warm, diverse, engaged, and sacred community of those who seek a connection to Jewish life and to one another. All are welcome, regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, age, or ability. Membership is open to Jews of all backgrounds, to those interested in becoming Jewish, and to non-Jewish partners.
A list of tangible membership benefits is below, but our members find that the real benefits of this shared partnership are intangible and deeply meaningful. They include friendship, wonder, surprise, learning, and a profound connection to the ritual and tradition of our ancestors.
Members also receive:
- Access to CBE clergy for lifecycle events and pastoral care
- High Holy Days tickets
- Ability to attend Yachad, CBE’s K-12 Jewish and Hebrew Education program, and to participate in B’nei mitzvah preparation (tuition and fees are additional)
- Participation in our small group programming
- Leadership opportunities
- Pool access
- Discounted rates and priority consideration for:
- Early Childhood Center, after school programs, and camps
- Adult education classes, cultural, and other fee-based programs
- Facilities usage and rentals
The doors of our kehilla kedosha (sacred community) are open to you. Please join us anytime for Shabbat and visit our website calendar to check out what’s happening at CBE.
CBE is a proud member of the Union for Reform Judaism.
How to Join
If you would like to join the CBE community as a member, please fill out our membership application.
Thank you so much for your interest in CBE!
We believe that the cost of membership should never prevent anyone from joining our congregation or continuing their membership at CBE. If you wish to have a confidential discussion regarding dues, please contact Maribeth Batcha, Director of Member Services at (718) 768-3814 x214.